Upper Mustang is also known as “the land of lost Tibetan kingdom”, where languages, traditions and cultures remain alike as Tibetan people. Life in Mustang revolves around tourism, animal husbandry and trade. Mustang is considering one of the most interesting, adventure, memorable and excitement trek in Nepal to the visitors. One of the most important festivals in Upper Mustang Trekking is Tiji Festival. In this festival monks dressed in elaborate costumes and masks perform dances and rituals that are supposed to drive away evil spirits and all people of Mustang are involved there. The trek to Lo-Mustang is through high attitude desert climbing in and out of the huge sided valley of Kaligandaki River.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,350m/4,428ft)
Day 02: Preparation Day and sightseeing in Kathmandu.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (820m)
Day 04: Fly to Jomsom (2,713m) and trek to Kagbeni (2,810m)
Day 05: Trek from Kagbeni to Chele (3,050m)
Day 06: Trek from Chele to Syanbochen (3,475m)
Day 07: Trek from Syanbochen to Ghami (3,520m)
Day 08: Trek from Ghami to Tsarang (3,620m)
Day 09: Trek from Tsarang to Lo-Manthang (3,730m)
Day 10: Acclimization day at Lo Manthang
Day 11: Trek from Lo-Mangthang to Drakmar (3810 m)
Day 12: Trek from Drakmar to Ghiling (3,806m)
Day 13: Trek from Ghiling to Chhuksang (3050m)
Day 14: Trek from Chhuksang to Jomsom (2,700)
Day 15: Fly back to Pokhara
Day 16: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu
Day 17: departure
- Land transfer to and from trekking by tourist bus.
- Applicable Trekking fees
- English speaking trekking guide and porter to carry the luggage
- Local guest house accommodation.
- Welcoming dinner in Kathmandu.
- Last night dinner in Kathmandu.
- Insurance for the trekking staff. (insurance as per state law)
- All the government tax and our service charges.
- Includes breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- Nepal Visa Fees (you should bring accurate USD cash and two passport size pictures)
- Personal expenses (Shopping, Laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, mineral water or boiled water, Phone calls, shower etc)
- Your lunch and dinners in Kathmandu (This apply also early come back from trek then the fixed itinerary)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu due to early arrival or late departure, early come back from trek (due to any case) than the fixed itinerary
- International fare/arrival taxes/departure taxes to and from Kathmandu
- Trip and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters/ Donations
We strongly advise you to take out personal travel insurance.
|Upper Mustang Trek(18 Days)|
|Activities: Trekking, Sightseeing|
|Max Elevation : 4320m|
|Accomodation : Hotel/Guest House|
|Transportation : Private Vehicle/Flight|
|Best Month :February-May &October-November|
|Group Size : Min. 2 Per|