Paragliding is the recreational and competitive adventure sport of flying paragliders: lightweight, free-flying, foot-launched glider aircraft with no rigid primary structure. The pilot sits in a harness suspended below a fabric wing comprising a large number of interconnected baffled cells. Wing shape is maintained by the suspension lines, the pressure of air entering vents in the front of the wing, and the aerodynamic forces of the air flowing over the outside.
Despite not using an engine, paraglider flights can last many hours and cover many hundreds of kilometers, though flights of one to two hours and covering some tens of kilometers are more the norm. By skilful exploitation of sources of lift, the pilot may gain height, often climbing to altitudes of a few thousand meters.
Paragliding is a fresh adventure sport in Nepal. Paragliding is truly wonderful experience for the adventure seeker. From Paragliding seeker have chance to observe the glory of Annapurna range and beautiful landscape around Pokhara valley, Machhapuchhre, Lamjung Himal, Annapaurna mountain, Himchuli, Fewa Lake, Rice field, Rivers and variable scenery below and gives you thrills with a great experience in photographic. Paragling makes your dream come true and memorable moment till the long life time.
Paragliding depends on whether, so flying season in Nepal starts from November through February, the best seasons is November and December. By virtue of its latitude and monsoonal climate, the tree line in Nepal is at an incredible 3,900 m above sea level. Summer alpine is excellent and constant atmospherics for paragliding.
Days 01: Flight or drive to Pokhara from Kathmandu - O/N at hotel.
Days 02: Hiking to Sarangkot (1590m) - O/N at hotel.
Days 03: Paragliding tour - O/N at hotel in Pokhara.
Days 04: Sightseeing in Pokhara city.
Days 05: Drive or fly back to Kathmandu
• In the morning, after breakfast drive to Sarankot (1592m) Paragliding spot.
• After arrival on the spot, briefing about flying by expert& professional pilot and fly.
• About an hour of exiting flight, during the flight you have breathe taking panorama views of Annapurna Range, beautiful Mt. Fish Tail, Annapurna South, Himchuli, Annapurna II, III, IV, Lamjung Himal, Mt. Manashlu and great Mt. Dhaulagiri togethere with landscape panorama and Fewa Lake.
• After landing transfer to hotel and rest or join the further program according to your itinerary.
• This exiting short flight trip can be done after or before the trekking when you have rest day in Pokhara. For detail please make an inquiry to us or book this tandem flight now.
Things to remember
• Remember to wear a pair of good ankle support shoes (this is for take-off and landing
• Wear warm clothes, as in a pair of jumper/jacket and long trousers.
• Bring your own camera if you want to, otherwise our pilots can always take pictures of and for you during the flight for only Rs. 1,700.
• If you suffer of any kind of travel sickness take anti-sickness pills or don't eat anything heavy before the flight.
|Starting Point :Sarangkot,Pokhara|
|Ending Point : Lakeside,Pokhara|
|Transportation : Private Vehicle|
|Best Month : January to May & Sept - Dec|
|Group Size : Min. 1 Per|