Makalu Circuit Trek is considered to be one of the most challenging and adventurous trekking trails in Makalu Region. Makalu Circuit Trek posses three different passes Sherpani Col, Amphu Laptsha and West Col which are thought to be very challenging to cross. That's the reason Makalu Circuit Trekking needs only those trekkers who have good experience for trekking in the high altitude and also a little bit knowledge of mountain climbing.
The trek is started from Tumlingtar of Makalu Region and after crossing Makalu three cols, we will reach in the most popular Everest Region. Actually, the trail heads east from Lukla through high altitude terrain crossing mountain passes and valleys. We have to walk through wilderness with minimum human habitations. Wonderful views of Everest, Nuptse, Amadablam, Lhotse and other smllar peaks can be enjoyed. The route crosses Amphu Lapcha Pass and descends into the Imja Valley meeting the main Everest trail. We can return to Namche and Lukla via Dingboche and Tengboche.
Mount Makalu is the 5th highest peak of the world and is considered one of the least visited trekking destinations of Nepal because of the challenges and difficulties one have to face during the trek. However, it is very popular for those who want adventurous trek. You will for sure enjoy exploring the variety of rich flora and fauna, panoramic views of stunning mountains and cultural diversity on this region.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu
Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar then trek to Kahandbari
Day 04: Trek from Kahandbari to Bhotebas
Day 05: Trek from Bhotebas to Mure
Day 06: Trek from Mure to Seduwa
Day 07: Trek from Seduwa to Tashigaon
Day 08: Trek from Tashigaon to Kauma Kharka
Day 09: Trek from Kauma Kharka to Mumbuk via Shipton La
Day 10: Trek from Mumbuk to Nehe Kharka
Day 11: Rest day at Nehe Kharka for acclimatization
Day 12: Trek from Nehe Kharka to Merek
Day 13: Trek from Merek to Makalu Base Camp
Day 14: Rest day at Makalu Base Camp for acclimatization
Day 15: Trek from Makalu Base Camp to French Camp
Day 16: Trek from French Camp to East Col Camp
Day 17: Trek from High Camp to Baruntse Base Camp via Sherpani Col
Day 18: Trek from Baruntse Base Camp to Seto Pokhari
Day 19: Trek from Seto Pokhari to Amphu Lapcha High Camp
Day 20: Cross Amphu Laptsa Pass, then trek to Imja Valley
Day 21: Trek from Chukung to Lobuche via Kongma La Pass
Day 22: Trek from Lobuche to Everest Base Camp via Gorakshep
Day 23: Trek from Gorakshep to Kalapatthar and trek to Pheriche
Day 24: Trek from Pheriche to Tyangboche
Day 25: Trek from Tyangboche to Namche Bazaar
Day 26: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla
Day 27: Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu
Day 28: Final Departure from Kathmandu
- Land transfer to and from trekking by tourist bus.
- Applicable Trekking fees
- English speaking trekking guide and porter to carry the luggage
- Local guest house accommodation.
- Welcoming dinner in Kathmandu.
- Last night dinner in Kathmandu.
- Insurance for the trekking staff. (insurance as per state law)
- All the government tax and our service charges.
- Includes breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- Nepal Visa Fees (you should bring accurate USD cash and two passport size pictures)
- Personal expenses (Shopping, Laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, mineral water or boiled water, Phone calls, shower etc)
- Your lunch and dinners in Kathmandu (This apply also early come back from trek then the fixed itinerary)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu due to early arrival or late departure, early come back from trek (due to any case) than the fixed itinerary
- International fare/arrival taxes/departure taxes to and from Kathmandu
- Trip and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters/ Donations
|Makalu Circuit Trek(28 Days)|
|Activities: Trekking, Sightseeing|
|Max Elevation : 6140 m|
|Accomodation : Hotel/Guest House|
|Transportation : Private Vehicle/Flight|
|Best Month : March - May and Sept - Nov|
|Group Size : Min. 2 Per|