The Laya-Gasa Trek is considered one of the most scenic treks in Bhutan, offering amazing views of some of the most pristine and unspoiled landscapes in Bhutan. This fourteen day, 217 km journey begins at Drukgyel in Paro and takes you through gorgeous alpine meadows, high mountain passes and dense sub-tropical jungles before terminating in Damji in Tashithang.
The first five days of this trek follow the same route as the Jomolhari Trek through Jigme Singye National Park and offer awe-inspiring views of Mt. Jomolhari, Jichu Drake and Tsherimgang. On the sixth day the path diverges and you will depart Lingshi for the camp site at Chebisa, a charming little village adorned with a beautiful waterfall of crystal clear water.
Along the trail you’ll be able to spot indigenous animals such as blue sheep and Takins, the national animal of Bhutan. You’ll travel through remote mountain villages inhabited by Layaps (people of Laya), a distinct segment of the Bhutanese society with unique culture, traditions and appearance. Thhe trek also offers a day of relaxation at the famous Gasa hot springs that is sure to rejuvenate you.
This is one of the more difficult treks offered in Bhutan due to the high altitudes and steep ascents and descents along the path. The best seasons to complete this challenge are in April-June and Mid-September-Mid-November.
Day 1: Arrive At Paro
Day 2: Taktsang Monastery Or Tiger’s Nest
Day 3: Paro – Gunitsawa Village – Sharna Zampa
Day 4: Sharna Zampa – Thangthangkha
Day 5: Thangthangkha – Jangothang
Day 6: Stay in Jangothang
Day 7: Jangothang – Lingshi
Day 8: Lingshi – Chebisa
Day 9: Chebisa – Shomuthang
Day 10: Shomuthang – Robluthang
Day 11: Robluthang – Limithang
Day 12: Limithang – Laya
Day 13: Laya – Koina
Day 14: Koina – Gasa
Day 15: Gasa Tsachu – Punakha – Thimphu
Day 16: Thimphu – Paro
Day 17: Paro – Paro International Airport
Cost Includes :
- Airport-hotel-airport pick and drop by private car/van
- Government registered fluent English speaking and friendly guide and necessary porter.
- All meals: breakfast, lunch and dinner during the trek.
- Tea, coffee, cookies and fresh fruits during the trek
- All ground transportation during the trip in Nepal
- Lodge accommodation during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary for your guide and porters.
- Insurance and trekking gear for your guide and porters.
- Government taxes, vat and office service charge.
Cost Excludes :
- All kinds of bar bills, beverages such as coke, fanta, mineral water
- Personal insurance, International air ticket, visa.
- Toiletries, Internet, phone calls,
- Rescue operation in case of emergency.
- Gratitude and tips for your guide, porter and driver
|Jomolhari Laya Gasa Trek(17 Days)|
|Activities: Trekking, Sightseeing|
|Max Elevation : 5005 m|
|Accomodation : Hotel/Guest House|
|Transportation : Private Vehicle/Flight|
|Best Month : Sept - Nov, March - May|
|Group Size : Min. 2 Per|